Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"How To" Wednesday~ Spray Painting!!

Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a great little technique I came up with last week that I want to share with you.

Spray Painting 037
Isn’t it pretty? I hope you like it.
Here is how I did it….and these are some of the supplies you will need. Alcohol, Re-inkers (I’ve used Calypso Coral and So Saffron). Black Emobssing
Powder, Powder Pal, Embossing Buddy, Versamark, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool,Champagne Shimmer Paint and Mister Bottles. You might want to add lots of Paper Towels as this gets messy.
Spray Painting 001 Here are your supplies
Spray Painting 002 Rub over Whisper White Cardstock with your Embossing Buddy to prevent specks of Embossing Powder from Sticking to where you don’t want it.
Spray Painting 003 Stamp Images with Versamark
Spray Painting 007 Pour Embossing Powder over your Powder Pal and gently shake excess off.
Spray Painting 008 You know what…do a lot at one time and have extras on hand to create fast and beautiful cards later.
Spray Painting 011 Heat set with your Stampin’ Up! Heat Tool
Spray Painting 012 Now comes the fun!!! Take your Alcohol and your Re-inkers, Shimmer Paint and Misters and get ready to get messy and have fun!
Spray Painting 013 Fill your bottle about 3/4 full with alcohol.
Spray Painting 014 Then add Re-inker Drops. I think I did about 12 and it wasn’t dark enough so I did a few more. You can adjust to your liking.
Spray Painting 015 Next add a little Shimmer Paint simply by taking the wand from the Mister and dipping into the shimmer paint about three times or to your liking. Put top back on Mister and gently shake…..
Spray Painting 023 I sprayed onto my grid paper and then thought….Duh!! Where are my paper towels. I did see the beginning of something beautiful though! hehe!
Spray Painting 024 Take your sheet of embossed flowers and start lightly spraying to where you’d like the different colors. I started with the saffron Spray Paint.
Spray Painting 026 Then the Calypso Coral….you can go back and make it more intense or do a little of each on every flower.
Spray Painting 030 Then I took it one step further and wanted to create some background paper with this technique. So I lightly sprayed some of both colors on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and let dry. Oh yes even though it alcohol you do wet the paper and have to let it dry for a few.
Spray Painting 032 While that was drying I started to cut some flowers out.
Spray Painting 033 ….these are what is left for another card later!!
Spray Painting 034 I decided to do a little crimping to enhance the beauty of the paper and flowers and will cover that next time.
Spray Painting 037 …and here is the assembled card using So Saffron for the base and always a Mat of Black to make the whole thing POP!!
I hope you enjoyed this Tutorial!! Back to the Drawing Board for more fun things to share!! See you next time!!
Lee

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the flowers and the crimped square is fabulous. Great tute : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea dn technique. now where to get a bottle of alcohol?

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love both techniques - spray painting and crimping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! can't wait to play with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I absolutely love this card!!! Great technique and thanks for the wonderful instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Can't wait to try this out!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the technique. You may have inspired me on what I want to do for my Convention swap. Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I spray with my misters I always use the color catcher. I don't trust my aiming abilities! I found that I am better off doing a very light spray then let dry and then coming back to do another. I can see the dry results and it also doesn't get too wet.

    I wish we had a good sized mister. Another stamping company has one that is very small. I like the ones I get at the dollar store because of their size - I can fill as much or as little as I want. Anyone know if there is one in the new catalog?

    If I am going to do a dozen or so cards, I like not having to refill often. Alcohol dries much quicker than water so it seems like you use more (but the paper doesn't get as wet).

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful technique! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to try this one!TFS! Now where is my misting bottle....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Lee! And a great little technique to try. In fact, I think I'll give it a try this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete