Friday, April 23, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 148

Hello Friends!

Are you a person that just LOVES your images RIGHT in the CENTER of your card?? Well, this week's sketch may help you break out of your comfort zone just a little bit, but certainly keeps it simple!

This week we have a scrap booking example from our operator Tiffany. If you like to scrapbook, why not take this and try a scrapbook page of your own?

Also ~ don't be afraid to take creative license and turn the sketch on it's side, upside down, backwards... Whatever is working for you.... The sketch is merely a tool to help your creativity! So go create something wonderful!!!

One potential set of measurements (that I've already written) for my red and white Christmas card below could be:

Base: Whisper white 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
2nd Layer: Real red, 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
3rd Layer: Whisper white 5 1/4" x 4" (with the big shot polka dot embossing folder)
4th Layer: Real red, 2 3/8" x 2 5/8" (1/8" larger than layer 4)
5th Layer: Whisper White 2 1/4" x 2 1/2"

Many of the operators give more details and measurements for their cards. To visit their blogs, just click on the pictures below and you'll be transported to their latest 411 blog post. If they are not up yet, please try back. Some of us may be out on the town for the night, up in the mountains camping, or on a CRUISE!!!!, like 3 of our operators will be this upcoming week. Congratulations to Kerin, Robin and Tiffany for earning the Stampin' Up! incentive trip this year! This year's destination will take them to the Caribbean, and I for one will be looking forward to seeing the three of them together! Congratulations on your accomplishments ladies!

Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay... Mr. Linky will only hang out until Thursday morning at 8 am EST


Lee Conrey





Patti Chesky




Gretchen Barron





Robin Merriman




Kerin Sylvester




Tiffany Bauer




Selene Kempton



Connie Babbert

19 comments:

  1. Thx for a simple and fun sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this sketch! I love all of the operators' samples even more, especially how they are all so different. Congrats to you three on earning the cruise! Hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'Day Girls,
    Another great sketch.... Don't know how you come up with them! Congratulations on your making the cruise, enjoy & have a cocktail or 2 for me, opps I mean Soda Water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sketch! Just what I needed today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live for the Saturday sketch every week and check back each day to see the posts! Thanks for all the hard work and your creativity in making it all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another challenge. It was rainy all day here, perfect for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sketch and loved playing along. Thanks for the inspiration. Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got it done and believe it or not I had it finished on Saturday the same day the challenge went up! This sketch was perfect for what I needed. Thanks,
    Monika Davis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ladies!! I just found your blog through a link from someone else (can't remember who) but am stoked to find you. I love your samples and your wonderful challenges. I've already added you to my favorite challenge blog list and can't wait to play. I just might start today (if sick kid at home allows!). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the inspiration! Gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for giving great ideas I love looking here every week since Iam new at doing this and everyone that posts does an awesome job
    Keep up the good work everyone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this sketch, thank you - very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such a FUN sketch ... everything came together perfectly for me (which is very unusual)... so it must be a good'un! Have you thought of using the new "linky"s that I have seen around that show a thumbnail for each submission? Just a suggestion ... please don't think I am telling you what to do!!! Am happy either way! :D Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! And ... I meant to add (but clicked the post comment button too quickly!) Thanks so much for all the effort that goes into keeping this blog humming! I am really enjoying the inspiration! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sketch and what gorgeous cards. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just found Stamping 411 and LOVE the simplicity of the sketches! I plan to make this an every week challenge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had fun playing along this week. Thank you for the great sketch.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete