Friday, March 26, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 144 and a HUGE Announcement!!!

A quick addition to this post... If you are interested in Robin's shimmer spray technique from her card below, click here to read how she made it using hand sanitizer. I hope your week was wonderful! Here at stamping 411, there has been a buzz among the operators about inviting Kerin Sylvester to be an operator and join our team. In fact, we have been talking about her for months!
This week, we unanimously agreed to finally ask Kerin to join us! She has been playing with us for many months, and ~ like so many of you ~ we have grown quite fond of her work!

Well..... She accepted!!!! So, I would like to introduce you all formally to the newest addition to the 411 team.... Kerin Sylvester!!! Kerin ~ I personally have "stalked" your work from afar for long enough. It's going to be great working this collaborative effort with you! And look at her cute card here at the top this week!

So ~ on to this week's sketch challenge and samples from your operators! The cool thing for me, is that I already did one potential set of measurements when I wrote the tutorial for "floating reinker"

Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2" ~Rich Razzleberry
2nd: Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" ~ Bordering Blue
3rd Layer:5 1/4" x 4" ~ Whisper White
4th Layer: 4 x 3 1/4" ~ Rich Razzleberry
5th Layer:4 x 2 5/8" ~ Bordering Blue
6th Layer: 4 x 2 1/2" ~ Shimmer White

I'm going to do another set of measurements I did for the bright "friends" card below.. So this is different potential measurements for the same sketch!

Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2" ~ whisper white
2nd: Layer: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" ~ tempting turquoise
3rd Layer: 5" x 3 3/4" ~ Whisper White
4th Layer: 3 3/4" x 3 1/4" ~ tempting turquoise
5th Layer:3 3/4" x 2 5/8" ~ Pink Passion
6th Layer: 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" ~ DSP is from the Sunny Day simply scrappin kit

If you wanted to simplify the above, that's totally cool! Go with it! If a measurement like 3/8" totally baffles you, you can change the measurement OR you can refer to Operator Lee's tutorial on measurements here.

Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this VERY simple sketch! But don't delay... Mr. Linky will only hang out until Thursday morning at 8 am EST.

Oh ~ and if you'd like more info on the operator cards below, just click on the picture to go to the individual blogs.


by Tiffany Bauer





by Selene Kempton





by Connie Babbert





by Lee Conrey




by Patti Chesky




by Robin Merriman




by Gretchen Barron

24 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for inviting me to join your team! I am beyond thrilled to work with you all, since I've been admiring YOU for months too!! Thanks again, I'm so looking forward to this adventure with you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <These cards are fabulous! I really enjoy these challenges...I've noticed since I began participating, my cards have improved greatly! Thanks for the inspiration...truly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and congrats Karen.

    The sketch is awesome to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous! You gals are such and inspiration! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love working with the sketches! It really helps gets my juices flowing and I feel like I am making something at least partly original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sketches! They are so awesome! It makes me take the time to do something I enjoy. :D Congrats on the new operator! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great sketch and the DT cards were utterly inspiring. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Kerin.
    I love all the cards I've seen so far. If I didn't leave you personal message, it is because your site won't let me. Just FYI for some of you. Have a great week. I LOVE these challenges. like others have said, they inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a great sketch - the cards are fabulous.....
    Congratulations to Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch - love the cards. I just posted my card on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun sketch! Love participating and seeing all the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great samples! I just added a link that I don't think is correct as it is to my blog, not the exact card. I just read the directions and will do better next time. This was my first post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for always pushing me to push a bit more - I really enjoy your weekly sketchs & color challenges too.. R ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this sketch and thanks so much for the inspiration cards - they are beautiful!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this sketch with lots of layers, couldn't help myself in making a few cards using it. Thanks for the continued inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally had time to play this week. I love to look at what everyone comes up with. Thanks so much for putting this together. It's a lot of work - but so much inspiration. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to the new member of your design team very nice card that was created by Kerin
    how nice!
    thank you for another wonderful challenge
    I finally got to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to Kerin, she'll be a great addition.Loved Selene's tutorial on re-inker float, I'm going to put that to use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea, I finally made it back to play! Thanks so much for the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun sketch that I just had to play all the way from here in Florida. Congratulations to the new operator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am trying to get organized and play along more often! I love your sketches! This time I did not look so my card is going the wrong way! But it's all in fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK I fixed the card and made one in the right direction. Mr Linky won't let you post twice so the new card is on my blog! Gotta pay closer attention!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for another great sketch! I'm so glad Kerin has joined the team. Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I finally got to play! I thought I had a little longer, sorry ladies!!

    Here is my card:
    http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/2010/04/stampin-411-and-colour-q.html

    Smiles,
    Lesley ;)

    ReplyDelete