Thursday, March 4, 2010

Color Inspiration #113

This is the 13th week of the Color Inspiration challenge.

The number 13 doesn't bother me at all. One of the greatest things in my life has to do with the number 13. My son, Christopher, was born on December 13th. Yup, it's a very good number.

For this week's challenge, I wanted to make another masculine color combination.

This week's color combination is Not Quite Navy (one of my faves), More Mustard, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa.

My stamping friends often mention how much they dread making "guy" cards.

Here's a very simply "guy" card.....not too many layers with basic shapes. Simply switch out the stamp set, and you're good to go!!!



I haven't played with the "Cheers to You" stamp set in a long time. It was time to pull it off the stamp set shelf and ink it up!!!

The base card is Close to Cocoa.

I love to create my own background papers. I've done it twice on this card.

On the Not Quite Navy layer I used a sponge dauber and Not Quite Navy ink to create large polka dots.

On the More Mustard layer, I dragged my More Mustard ink pad. This is called the direct-to-paper technique. It's a fabulous way to add texture without bulk!! Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner with Basic Black ink.

I used my Circle Scissor Plus to cut a 2 3/4" Old Olive circle and a 2 1/2" Very Vanilla circle.

I stamped the beer mug in the center of the Very Vanilla circle....colored it with my ink pads and an aquapainter and then added Crystal Effects on the mug to make it look all shiny!!!

I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink and poked holes around the circumference of the circle.

The finishing touch was adding a photo corner......no ribbon for this card......it's too poofy foo-foo for a card with a beer on it. LOL!!!!!

If you would like to take the color challenge, we would love to see it. Leave a comment on this post with a link to your project.

Card Recipe
stamps: Cheers to You
paper: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard
ink: Basic Black, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy
accessories: Circle Scissor Plus, Paper Piercing Tool, Crystal Effects, Photo Corner Punch, sponge dauber, aquapainter

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Here is my card...hope you enjoy.
    http://www.hiddenforeststamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and perfect colors.
    Heres mine http://stampnscents.blogspot.com/2010/03/color-inspiration-113-dcbd-167.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color combo. Here is my card.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour combo is just perfect for those manly cards - thanks for the inspiration - I needed it!

    Here is my card:
    http://scissorsandstickytape.blogspot.com/2010/03/lots-of-candles-masculine-birthday-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice guy card. I'm always wondering what to make. Thanks for the idea. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great time with this color challenge . . . my card turned out "WOW!" Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Kay
    http://stampingtoshare.blogspot.com/2010/03/36-stamping-411-challenge-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun trying to make a card with combination

    It made me use some colours I wouldn't normally put together

    Kerri

    Here's my card: http://kerrids.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/colour-challenge-stamping-411/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colors are just what I needed for the guy card I needed to make. Here is what I came up with: http://stamperbeth.blogspot.com/2010/03/fishies.html

    Thanks Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a wonderful time with your challenge. Hope you like it.
    http://bigmammasstampinhouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-st-patricks-day-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. my card is here I also used the current 411 sketch x

    ReplyDelete