Thursday, May 12, 2011

Technique Thursday - Faux Mother of Pearl

Welcome to the latest edition of Technique Thursday! One of the best parts of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is receiving our monthly magazine chock full of ideas! The second I saw the April issue, I knew I would be keeping the Faux Mother of Pearl technique in the back of my mind to share with you the next chance I got!! So here we are, and you only need a few supplies to create this fun look:
  • Frost White Shimmer Paint
  • Glossy White Card Stock
  • Classic Ink of your choice
  • Stamping Sponges or Brayer
  • Plastic Wrap
  • Plastic tray to pour paint onto

Step 1: Pour a dime-sized drop of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a plastic tray of some sort.

Step 2: Scrunch up a piece of plastic wrap, and dip it into the Shimmer Paint. *Tip: You may want to dab the paint off a bit onto the edge of the tray or grid paper so that it's not too gloppy when you start applying it to your Glossy White card stock.

Step 3: Dab paint coated plastic wrap onto Glossy White card stock randomly, being sure to leave some white space as shown.

Step 4: Let dry.

Step 5: Apply classic ink color of your choice with either Stamping Sponges or a Brayer. I used Stamping Sponges, and since I wanted to do several different colors, and I knew I would only need a small area of each, I sponged multiple colors onto one piece of Glossy White card stock as shown:
Step 6: When the desired color(s) are achieved, stamp image(s) in Black StazOn ink. You must use StazOn for this project, and any project using Glossy White card stock.

Step 7: Finish card! You can either use one solid piece of Faux Mother of Pearl paper as a background, or multiple pieces as I have.

Supplies used to create this card:

Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Sincere Salutations
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Basic Black, Glossy White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Black StazOn
Accessories: Black Chunky Glitter, 2-way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Top Note die for the Big Shot, Texturz Plates for the Big Shot

I hope you enjoyed this fun technique and you'll give it a try! Link up your creation below so we can see what you've come up with! Don't forget...Stampin' Up! ONLY :)

2 comments:

  1. I loooooove this card...can't wait to try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerin- this is gorgeous! Thanks for the great tutorial and I am with Beth, can't wait to try! :-)

    ReplyDelete