Friday, May 7, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 150 (SSC150)

Good Evening Everyone!

I hope that you all had a wonderful week! This weeks sketch is very clean and simple. For more details on any of the cards you see below, just click on them below..

I added a LOT of layers to my card below, and since they are already done, here's one potential set of measurements for my "here for you ~ map card" below.

Base layer is: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored and folded in half a 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Layer 4: 3 3/4" x 5"
Layer 5:4 1/4" x 3 3/4"
Layer 6: 4 1/8" x 3 5/8"
Layer 7: Dsp 4 x 1 and 4 x 1 1/2" (whew)

Feel free to keep it simple and make your own measurements!!!

Does the thought of cutting your cardstock using measurements baffle you? Well, you can check out the most awesome post on how to read a ruler written by the very lovely and talented Lee Conrey, by clicking here.

Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit! Use this sketch to inspire you and let your imagination go wild! (well ~ keep it clean, this is a family show after all).
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay... Mr. Linky will only hang out until Thursday morning at 8 am EST.

Here are the samples from your 411 operators.


Gretchen Barron




Robin Merriman





Kerin Sylvester






Tiffany Bauer






Selene Kempton


Connie Babbert







Lee Conrey






Patti Chesky


14 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies,

    Another terrific sketch! I decided to make some of my own DSP using the sweet scoops set! Thanks for all the gorgeous inspiration!

    Smiles,
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you yesterday. Love this sketch. I think I will probably be using it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design this week, I just had a hard time getting it to do what I wanted, I ended up making two cards. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you today, and I really enjoyed your sketch challenge- thanks I'll be back xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you...love your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sketch - and a dream I had - was a perfect blend. I re-arranged the sketch somewhat - hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch this week. Very easy to do and oh so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sketch. Thanks so much for the inspiration and your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great samples!! It's easy to be inspired here - thanks for all your hard work!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sketch! I'll definately be using it again-so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sketch prompted me to do a masculine card which I really struggle with, so thanks for the inspiration yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been playing along lately and love your sketches! You make it so easy to create! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed Mr Linky but wanted to play along anyway. Here is a link to my creation: http://www.sunflowerstamper.com/2010/05/ssc150-priceless.html

    Thanks for another great sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for such an awesome sketch... I ended up making ANOTHER card with it... honestly, this was very inspiring!

    Too bad I missed be able to link the 2nd card, but here it is anyway! Thanks again & I'll be back!

    http://snappystamper.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-leafy-thanksgiving-s411-ssc-150.html

    ReplyDelete