Friday, December 18, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge 130

Hey Everybody!

Here's another sketch for you to try on for size. I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for the holiday. Hopefully you can take time out to stamp something beautiful using this clean and simple European style design.

I usually start by doing the measurements of the card on top.. Since I've already done the measurements for my card in another document, I'm just using what I've already written. :)

Measurements for Selene's red and White Card Below:
Layer 1: 11 x 4 ¼”, scored at 5 ½” and folded in half as your white base
Layer 2: 4 x 5 ¼” (real red)
Layer 3: Curly Label punched shape with thank you stamped and attached to layer 4.
Layer 4: 3 5/8” x 2 5/8”
Layer 5: 3 ½” x 2 ½”
Layer 6: 3 5/16” x 1 5/8”
Layer 7: 1 ½” x 3 ¼”
Layer 8: punched ornament with dimensionals underneath

WHEW!!! There's a lot of funky measurements on my card.. But that doesn't mean that you need to follow mine exactly. You could skip layers 4 and 6. The idea is NOT to stump you! These measurements are just a jumping off point. Go Create!!

Also ~ if you are having trouble knowing what 5/8" looks like on a ruler, check out this post by Lee Conrey on how to read a ruler. I know it sounds funny, but it makes life much easier if you are new to cutting these funky measurements. I still go back to it myself sometimes!

Never played before? Well, it's easy!

  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
Above all, please have fun with it!! And if you're so inclined, leave us a comment so we know you are still there! We love reading all the comments.


Robin Merriman







Gretchen Barron







Connie Babbert








Tiffany Bauer








Selene Kempton







Lee Conrey






Patti Chesky

4 comments:

  1. This sight is simply divine. Its so nice that you've posted your past sketches in one downloadable place and that each week you give measurements for your cards. Keep up the great work, thank you, operators, for the time you take each week to keep this going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inspiring me to get to work on my Valentine's Day Stamp-a-Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know if I'm allowed to play again this week or not, but I just did! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great sketch, team. I can see why you decided to play twice, Selene :-)
    Happy Holidays to all of you and thanks for all that you do every week to bring us these great inspirations.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete