Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to remove the little "Pokie Things" from the Doily Sizzlet

Hi Everyone,
Are you as excited about the new Doily Sizzlet as I am? It’s just so gorgeous. However it does need a little help sometimes. You know everyone’s Big Shot is just a tad different and may need a little help with a shim (piece of copy paper or card stock) to help with the intricate cutting of this doily.
Here is what I did…..

How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 001How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 002

1. Open big Shot Platform to Tab 1 and place a clear cutting plate on the platform followed by a shim (I used Black Card Stock)
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 008How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 002
2. Then add the Sizzlet and you choice of card stock for the die cut piece. I again used Black followed by the 2nd clear plate. Then run it through the Big Shot. It will be a harder crank but the results are so worth it.
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 004
3. Here is the finished piece……that is before eliminating all the pokie pieces.
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 006 How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 007
4. Here is the best part….take a pencil and roll the doily around it to help pop out all those little pieces….
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 009 How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 010
5. Roll it a few different ways to eliminate as many as possible.
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 011 How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 012
6. You will still be left with a few little ones but nothing like before….so just use your paper piercer or even the pencil tip and poke the rest out.
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 013
7. Isn’t the result just fabulous????
How to cut the doiley and brighton valentine card 014
I hope this helps you with all of your doily creations…..I know it did me.
Have a fabulous day and Thanks for stopping in.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I am sure that I will "need" this die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait are you saying you don't use a cutting plate on top of the die and the cardstock. Wouldn't it cut on the roller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I actually held off on buying this because of all the little bits that had to be removed. Guess what's on my list now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I also meant to say that this is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Initially I thought that this was a good idea to try, but making sure to have the cutting pad on the top of the stack rather than under the die. Then someone said you used both cutting pads even though it isn't shown. If that is the case then Tab 2 wouldn't work for me because the sandwich with Tab 1 and a couple of text paper shims is already so tight that I know Tab 2 with both cutting pads would break my Big Shot. :O(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this idea!
    I was a bit put off getting it for that reason!
    Think I will have to now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! I saw another idea to use one of those rolled lint lines to clean up the tiny pieces. The lint roll takes also will take out some of the small bits out of the die cut. thx for posting! I will use this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Cuttlebug (sorry, didn't know about Sizzix at the time). I read where you can use a used dryer sheet with an intricate die and everything that should come out, will. Just thought I would offer this.

    ReplyDelete