Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"How To" Build a Card Box

Hi Everyone,

Toady I’m going to share a “How To” make a Card Box for all the lovely cards you make. Ever think about making sets and giving them as Gifts? Well now you can ……this is how

How to Build a Card Box 018

Supplies needed:

Card Stock

Paper Cutter and Scoring Blade

Bone Folder

Sticky Strip

Designer Series Paper and any embellishments you may like.

1-Cut Card Stock to 10 x 81/2

How to Build a Card Box 002

2-Score at 2” on all 4 sides

How to Build a Card Box 003

3- Cut across the tabs with your paper snips to create a more finished box.

How to Build a Card Box 004

4-Cut up to score lines

How to Build a Card Box 005

5- Score really well with your bone folder. It really helps make a neat box to have nice crisp and creased lines. Whooo…say that fast five time!!!

How to Build a Card Box 006

6- Add Sticky Strip where indicated (close to the score line so there are no gaps)

How to Build a Card Box 007

7-Peel off Sticky Strip and build your corners.

How to Build a Card Box 008

See how nice the inside looks!

How to Build a Card Box 009

8- Cut the top of the box at 6 5/8 x 8 1/8

How to Build a Card Box 010

9- Score box top on all four sides at 1 inch

How to Build a Card Box 012

10- Cut tabs at an angle with your snips, same as the bottom fo the box

How to Build a Card Box 013

11: Add Sticky Strip and a glue dot as the little corners are so little (it’s just easier)…then build your top.

How to Build a Card Box 014

12-I made a black mat measuring 4 1/4 x 5 3/4 and used a piece of DSP measuring 4 x 5 1/2 and taped together.

How to Build a Card Box 015

Add to the top of your box. I tied a double bow using Black Satin Ribbon and taped to the back of the mat before sticking it down.

How to Build a Card Box 016

I had an extra flower made in Melon Mambo using our new Fun Flower Die and attached it with Glue Dots.

How to Build a Card Box 018

So that’s it!!! Let me know if you liked it!

Now to figure out what to make to put in the inside. Obviously a pretty set of note cards for someone…..back to the drawing board!! By the way…this box will hold 8-12 cards and Envelopes easily!

Have a wonderful Day Everyone!!!

21 comments:

  1. Your timing is just perfect Lee! I'm having a downline meeting this afternoon and I can whip this together before they arrive!!! TFS, Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! Perfect project for some gifts I need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the box! Your directions were simple and clear and I'm ready to give it a try!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lee! Your box is so cool, it's sexy! :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lee! I'm so using this idea - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial! :-)
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this box. Would you share how you did the bow? I have tried this double bow but can't quite get it to lay like yours with the ribbon to wrap around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You!!!! Lee- this was just what I was looking for today :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty - and practical - little box. Perfect for a gift. I would also love to know how that pretty bow comes together with no tails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TFS this tutorial. I'll be making one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this tutorial. It's a lot of work to put one together, and it's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! TFS your tutorial! I'll def have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so perfect. I have been thinking about boxing up my cards to give as gifts - wonderful. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! This will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! Thank U 4 sharing the tutorial. Very easy-to-follow directions.
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the picture tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. See what a great idea this was to post, Lee? I have gone absolutely bonkers with this tutorial and made at least a dozen boxes. My Club gals went nuts over them. A long distance friend ordered a dozen sympathy cards (we're getting to THAT age), and guess what I surprised her with? A matching box. My Downline was busy preparing her daughter's wedding and had no time to prepare a workshop to even take advantage of ONE DAY of SAB (and of course has NO MONEY) so guess what I surprised HER with? A workshop in a box! All the card parts inside and the card sample was, of course, the box topper. You have unleashed an avalanche of blessing all over the place, Lee! You're the latest phenom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just made a perfect box anddddd my first go thank you Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Preciosa la caja, los colores son muy hermosos, gracias por compartirla....me encantó

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the great tutorial with clear instructions! This box is very cute and easy to assemble. I put homemade notecards in the inside to gift a friend with. <3

    ReplyDelete