It's time for another fun sketch from your 411 operators! I can tell you that the operators took a LOT of liberties to make their cards work for this weeks sketch.
As with EVERY week, if you need to change it up, do so! You just want to use this sketch as a jumping off point for your design then let your imagination do the rest!
You may have noticed that there are some new and exciting things happening with 411, and there is! Here's our new line up....
- Selene and Gretchen will be switching off on the Friday night posts for the sketch challenge every week.
- Patti and Kerin are teaming up for Thursdays and will offer a color challenge and a technique challenge that will alternate every other week, and stay open for two weeks! Fun!!!
- Tiffany will be doing a scrapbook 101 the first Wed of every month.
- Connie will be doing a 3D how to on the second Wed of every month.
- Lee will write a tutorial of some type on the 3rd Wed of every month.
- Robin will be offering a Clean and Simple post on the 4th Wed of every month.
Each of the operators will be stepping up and making 411 an even BETTER resource for the new stamper/paper crafter/scrapbooker. In addition, it's important for the folks that have been crafting FOREVER to get back to the basics and that's our goal moving forward... We are a true team in every sense of the word and it's a pleasure to share with them and with you every week.
If you're uploading your card to an online gallery, please use keyword SSC167. If you've never done a challenge and you're looking for a place to post your cards so folks can see them, one of my favorite places to post cards is stampin addicts. If you want, you can check it out!
I'm going to guess at Gretchen's measurements because she's on top this week. Super Spooky card Gretchen!! These are just one set of potential measurements if your starting from scratch..
Base layer: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 1 1/2" x 4"
Layer 4: ribbon:
Layer 5: 3 1/2" x 4"
Layer 6,7 and 8: 3 x 3 3/4"
Above all please have fun and just go for it! Does the thought of cutting your card stock using measurements baffle you? Well, you can check out the most awesome post on how to read a ruler written by the very lovely and talented Lee Conrey, by clicking here.
Now it's your turn :D Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit!
- Make a card
- Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
- Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog)
- Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!