Thursday, June 10, 2010

Color Inspiration #127



Wow! This week is just flying by.

Every Thursday I have the pleasure to present you with a color inspiration challenge.

This week I was inspired by a card I made last week for my "Let's Hear it for the Boys" class.

The colors are Night of Navy, Real Red, More Mustard and Taken with Teal.

I love how these colors play off of each other!!



The base card is Night of Navy.

The next layer is Taken with Teal. It's been texturized with my Big Shot and the Perfect Details Texturz Plate.

The next layer is More Mustard. I used the direct-to-paper technique for some added texture. It's easy to do. Take your ink pad and drag it along the cardstock.

My cute little truck (from Loads of Love) is inked with Black StazOn ink and stamped onto Watercolor Paper. Make sure you use StazOn ink whenever you use watercolor paper. I watercolored my image using my Aquapainter and Stampin' Write markers. This is SO easy to do!! Simply draw lines of color just on the inside of the lines of the image. Then use your Aquapainter in a circular motion to blend the marker color towards the center of the image. Remember, it's easy to add more color. It's not as easy to take it away. So work slowly and add color until you get the level of shadows and highlights that you desire.

I used my Going Gray marker to make the road. After my image dried completely, I sponged the edges of the paper with Going Gray ink.

Using my Cropodile I punched holes and set Jumbo Pewter Eyelets for my tires. Isn't it cute?

I matted my focal image onto some Real Red cardstock.

All that's left is the sentiment. It's from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It's stamped with Black StazOn ink (since it was already on my desk.....Basic Black would work perfectly here too) onto More Mustard cardstock. Punch it out with the Word Window punch and add to the card.

If you haven't tried watercoloring with markers, I encourage you to give it a try. The colors are so vibrant, and it really is easy to do. Remember, you MUST use watercolor paper for this technique to work.

Well, that's about it for this week's color challenge. Are you ready to give it a try? I hope so!!!!

We'd love to see your creation! Leave a comment on this post with a link to your project!!!

Until next time......Happy Stamping everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous color combination! Here's my card. Is there supposed to be a keyword for linking to common galleries?
    http://encouragejoy.blogspot.com/2010/06/window-filled-with-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found these colours really challenging to put together, but after thinking about it for the weekend came up with a card using Blooming Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun to come visit and see that you have used a stamp set that I also own! Great job with the challenges. How you made your bg papers...awesome! Thanks for joining Daisy Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete