Thursday, June 3, 2010

Color Inspiration #126


I am getting so adventurous this week......the color inspiration challenge has 5 colors in it!!!

This color challenge actually comes from a card my stampers will be making on Friday.

It's a guy card........aren't those often the hardest to make?







The base card is Chocolate Chip. Chocolate Chip is used as a neutral on this card. It grounds all the other colors.

The next layer is Dusty Durango. I definitely haven't played with this color enough over the past year. I really like it with all these colors. I stamped the trio star stamp (from the Starring You stamp set) all over this layer using Dusty Durango ink. The edges are also sponged with the same ink.

The next layer is Bordering Blue. I used the Sanded background stamp inked with Bordering Blue ink. I also sponged the edges with the Bordering Blue ink. This is matted on a 1/8" larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I tucked a small photo corner (punched from Certainly Celery cardstock) behind the left corner.

I added a length of 1" Chocolate Chip Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.

The focal image also comes from Starring You. I inked up the stamp with Dusty Durango ink and stamped it onto So Saffron cardstock. I punched the image with the Scallop Circle punch. I placed a dimensional on the back, and it sits upon a 1 3/4" Certainly Celery circle.

All that's left is the sentiment (also from Starring You). It's inked with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped onto some Certainly Celery cardstock. I punched it out with the Word Window punch and added it to my card.

Whew! It seems like a lot of work, but it's really pretty easy. As I tell my stampers, a person can tell how much I like them by how many layers I use!!! LOL!!!!

Are you ready to try this week's Color Inspiration challenge? We hope so!!! Just use the Linky tool to link your project to our blog.

I know there's a lot of colors this time, but have fun with it.......

Until next time.....Happy Stamping everyone!

Card Recipe
stamps: Starring You (retiring), Sanded paper: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery ink: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Bordering Blue accessories: punches (Scallop Circle, Photo Corner, Word Window, 1 3/4" circle), Chocolate Chip 1" Double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, sponges, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love this card. I am going to have to CASE this one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, here is mine:

    http://want2scrap.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-birthday-chickie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come by Big Mamma's Stampin House to check out how I used your colors on my Father's Day Card.

    http://bigmammasstampinhouse.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my card:
    http://stampinnscrapinwithjen.typepad.com/stampin-n-scrappinwithjen/2010/06/awash-with-flowers-stamping-411-color-inspiration-126-and-ssc154.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combo of colors that I'd never pick! I really had fun. Thank you!

    My card: http://divacoffeebreakdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/diva-coffee-break-design-sketch-179.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry - I posted the wrong link to my card. Please use: http://simplycindycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/06/have-yappy-day.html

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine colours! Thanks! I made a birthday card for my husband!...Here it is....
    http://rainbowsbyrobyn.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-much-do-i-love-thee.html

    ReplyDelete