Before we get started tonight, I wanted to take a minute and let you know what we've been up to behind the scenes. If you haven't noticed, we cleaned up our "tags" on the right hand column of our blog. It's pretty cool how many stamping "how to's" and "techniques" are there. We started this blog with the intention of becoming a resource for new stampers and helping to train our customers and friends on the basics of stamping. Together, we bring to the table multiple stamping styles and experiences. I'm excited to see the progress we have made over the past three years. If you have a few moments this week, please check out our resource collection.
So ~ on to the important stuff... Yea! It's sketch challenge time! I love a good sketch challenge, because it provides a great jumping off point for a card or scrapbook page. It takes one of the decisions out of the design process by giving you a "map" of sorts. As always, you can feel free to change up the sketch to do what inspires you!
First, some potential measurements:
Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 4" x 1 1/2"
Layer 4: 2 1/2" x 2 1/4"
Layer 5: 2 3/8" x 2 1/8"
I'm pretty happy with the sketch this week and think that it's pretty easy to keep it clean and simple, or to bump up and make something stunning!
- Make a card using your Stampin' Up Supplies!
- Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
- Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog).
- Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
- Please note, we reserve the right to remove links with non-Stampin' Up! product, "sales pitches", links to online stores, or requests to join your team. We're here to have fun, learn from one another and share.