Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Saturday Sketch Time ~ SSC120

Before we get started today... there was a comment on the blog that had a question I'd like to answer. Sometimes if one person has a question, others may have the same question.
Anonymous said... "It would be much nicer to see the entire card..the artists put so much work and thought into their cards they should be displayed not just have a very small portion shown. Just my opinion. What I can see they were probably all really nice."
Thank you so much for the feedback.. We do the tiny photos to encourage you to click on them. You will be instantly transported to the artist's full cards and their original posts about how they made the card. I hope that clears up any confusion for you. If you have any further questions please send an email to operators@e-selene.com and we'd love to hear from you.

Now ~ how about a new challenge to play along with from your Sensational Seven Operators?

If you are going exactly by the sketch there are only 3 full paper layers. I'm going to give the measurements for Selene's card below (first one listed this week). If you want to use the sketch true ~ skip layer 2 and 3. However, it's nice to have the measurements if you are looking to add extra layers. note, they are 1/4" larger on two sides, to make a 1/8 border all the way around.

Layer 1: 4 1/4" x 11" scored in half at 5.5"
Layer 2: 4" x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 3 3/4" x 5"

Layer 4: 4x3 (note, you will yield 9 pieces ~ with no waste ~ if you cut this layer from a 12x12).
Layer 5: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" (six pieces from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock.



by Tiffany Bauer

We hope you are as excited about this weeks challenge as we are. We will keep the links open until Wednesday night. Have a great weekend and have some fun with this one!

Saturday Sketch Challenge Participants
1. Erna Logtenberg
2. Annemieke
3. LeAnne
4. Laura Thorpe
5. Eve (age 6)
6. Yapha
7. Jonia
8. Lynn
9. Rebecca
10. Rebecca #2
11. Tena Cross
12. Lesley :)
13. Janelle Lavelle
14. Caro
15. Liane Peden
16. Tory B
17. Jenna
18. LaToya
19. Tanja
20. Billie Anderson
21. Janelle Lavelle
22. Robbie
23. Krystal/skdeleeuw
24. Jennie Maier
25. Kay Kalthoff
26. Sue Erickson
27. Jasmina
28. SueB of Blondin Blogs
29. Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous is so cute! You guys are so gracious and kind! I'm giggling :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards. I am going to try and get one done today. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I stumbled upon yall! I love the sketch! Glad I got a chance to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm back! I LOVE this sketch! You guys motivated me after a long drought of being back at work this fall and not feeling I had the time to create. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my card today and loved the way it came out and having the sketch sure helps me figure what I wanted to do. I will for sure try this more often..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Operators ROCK - another fabulous sketch - loved the white space in this one.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete