Friday, August 21, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge 113 and A New Operator

Before we get started this week, I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to our newest team member Tiffany Bauer.

Tiffany joined in on the challenges almost every week for quite some time, and we kept voting on her cards! The operators talked it over and asked Tiffany to join us! So, welcome! We're honored you want to join our little family.

When asked to write an introduction for the group, she wrote:

"My name is Tiffany Bauer. I am a wife to Jon for 15 years now and a mom of three wonderful kiddos, Kaitlyn 12, Griffen 9 and Jordan 7. We live in a very tiny one street town in Southern Indiana called Dubois, population 800. My true love is scrapbooking but since joining Stampin' Up! 2 1/2 years ago I have been enjoying the art of card making and stamping on everything!! At this past Stampin' Up! Convention I was named the number 85th Top Demonstrator of the Year, awarded my second but hopefully not last Founder's Trip and just returned from my very first but not last incentive trip to Hawaii!!!!! This is one wonderful company to work for and all the demonstrators I have met and will meet are all so wonderful!!!! I feel so very blessed to have a wonderful husband, great kids, a job where I get to create and preserve all my wonderful memories and so many awesome friends and friendships I have made along the way."

Thank you so much for joining our team Tiffany. We're all so excited you are with us!

Now, let's talk measurements! One possible set of measurements for this sketch might be:
Base layer: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Second layer 4 x 5 1/4" (to layer on the front with an 1/8 border all around the card.)
Third layer: 4 x 2" to layer across the top. You might consider using a designer series paper for this layer.
Next, add a ribbon, but not where the seam is between the papers.
Finally, Add a focal point. Remember that it might be easier for you to figure out how to measure your paper, by making the layer, the same size as the wood block for the stamp you selected.

We sure hope you have time to play along this week!


Robin Merriman








9 comments:

  1. Your sketches are the best! They help me make really cute cards, really fast. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using your sketches as inspiration for some time. However, I never had the courage to share my work. Until recently. Thank you for providing wonderful sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I don't even know where to start this week. You girls have adone an outstanding job on this sketch. I love them all!!!
    Welcome Tiffany...so glad you've joined our team of Operators.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch! I've already made 3 cards using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very sweet sketch . . . perfect for my new Beary Best Friends set! Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration cards!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Tiffany!
    Thanks for another great sketch and lovely card samples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got my Build A Bear sets, woohoo. Thx for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the thinking out of prepping a card for technique club! Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another fun sketch. I haven't had time to play much, but I'm working on that.

    ReplyDelete