Friday, December 3, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge #180





Hello everyone and welcome to a new Saturday Sketch Challenge at Stamping 411!



This week's sketch gives you two focal images to work with, which gives you a lot of flexibility. You can put a graphic in one and a sentiment in the other, or use punches or embellishments for the smaller shape. The possibilities are really endless!







Here's some possible measurements for you to begin with:

  1. Layer One -- Card Base cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded in half
  2. Layer Two -- 4 x 5.25"
  3. Layer Three -- 2 x 3.5"
  4. Layer Four -- 1.75 x 3.25"
  5. Layer Five -- 1.5" Square
  6. Layer Six -- 1.25" Square

As always, use this as a place to start and let your imagination take you where it will! We know you will do a fabulous job!

Are you intimidated by the thought of measuring cardstock? You might want to check out this awesome tutorial by Lee Conrey on How to Use a Ruler!

Ready for some inspiration from your Stamping 411 Operators? Here you go ...


Lee Conrey


Patti Chesky


Now it's your turn to play! Never played before? It's easy!!!
  1. Create your project and take photos
  2. Post them on your blog or other Public Forum
  3. Come back to this post and leave your linking information below. Submission deadline is 8 a.m. next Thursday.
  4. Remember to check out the other submissions and leave comments! Everyone loves to get comments!



Okay, now it's your turn! We're waiting to see your creations. Let's get stamping!!!


7 comments:

  1. What a great sketch. Not the usual and it really made me think. Of course your samples are always awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch made me think. I have taken a little liberty but I think it still holds true to the sketch. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for a great sketch. It got my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to play along for the first time this week. I was completely inspired by this sketch as soon as I saw it along with the great creations from the DT. I actually jumped ahead today and made a Valentine's Day card, for fun! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another brilliant sketch. I love playing along so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am here before 8 and the linky is closed. Darn, I can't get this right. Here is my card anyway.

    http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/2010/12/another-stamp-stack-card.html

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this too but I did make a card with your awesome sketch this week. Thanks.

    http://paperinfusionsandmore.blogspot.com/2010/12/super-color-challenge-at-4-crafty.html

    Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete