Friday, August 27, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 166

Hey Hey Hey Happy Stampers!

How about another awesome sketch challenge from your 411 operators. When I drew this one out, I thought that some of you may feel nervous about an oval.. (just like last week's circle element). However, feel free to substitute for ANY shape that you might have including a rectangle.

Try to keep it simple and fun! Now for more fun! Check out what our featured Stamper Lynn Mangan did with this week's sketch.. Isn't she talented??

She asked me to post the card that I liked best..... Well ~ I LOVE them both! So, I thought I'd share them here. If you love her card, please leave her a comment on her blog here. While you are there, you may want to check out the most EXCELLENT versamark tutorial that she wrote for us this week! Thanks Lynn for sharing your talents with us!

So now that we've had some fun, how about talking measurements for just a moment. Miss Robin is on top this week so I'm going to do some potential measurements for you based on her creation.

Base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 3 3/4" x 5"
She's got a bunch of ribbon layered between the next layers.. I love how she used ribbon in place of cardstock. If you are going with paper, just make it the same length as layer 2... in this case 5 1/4"
Layer 4 and 5, I believe are big shot ovals
And layer 6 are the numbers...

I bet that has some special significance!!! If you want to read more about the operator creations below, just click on their names below or on the right hand sidebar.

If you're uploading your card to an online gallery, please use keyword SSC166. If you've never done a challenge and you're looking for a place to post your cards so folks can see them, one of my favorite places to post cards is stampin addicts. If you want, you can check it out!

Above all please have fun and just go for it! Does the thought of cutting your card stock using measurements baffle you? Well, you can check out the most awesome post on how to read a ruler written by the very lovely and talented Lee Conrey, by clicking here.

Without further delay... Here are your operator submissions for sketch SSC166.


Robin Merriman



Gretchen Barron




Kerin Sylvester



Tiffany Bauer



Selene Kempton




Connie Babbert




Lee Conrey



Patti Chesky

Now it's your turn :D Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog)
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this sketch! But don't delay our links will close at 8AM on Thursday morning Eastern Standard Time.


11 comments:

  1. Love the sketch and new layout of the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch and the examples on your blog. Always a great challenge. June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun sketch!!!! Thanks as always for the amazing inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun sketch and love your page new look so nice. Thanks for the chance to play along again. Great DT cards and ones that have been submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you design team girls come & leave comments on our links. You don't know how much that means to me when I've looked up to a few of you girls for so long.... you give me the encouragement that spurs me on... THANK YOU!!!
    Love the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome sketch from stamping 411. And the samples are out of this world. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sketch and new look for the blog! Love all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch, team. Very versatile. Love the look of the new blog header, etc. too!
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great sketch and inspiring sample cards. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh, great sketch and great cards everyone. I did make one but missed the posting of it, thought it was open until Thursday evening, and contemplated on posting it as I wasn't totally happy with it. Anyway it's on my blog anyway
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I missed yet another Mr. Linky. Either I'm slow or you guys close your links fast. :) Well, I posted mine today anyway. Thanks for a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete