I hope you are enjoying your summer. Convention kicked off the week for a mini operator break to give us some time to spend with our families when the weather is so nice outside! We will resume doing "top 5" and other "how to" posts around the 1st of September.
We are still going strong with our sketch challenge and this week's sketch is pretty fun! I hope you have a few moments to play along. With this sketch it may not take you more than that!
If you're gonna try going square, I recommend trying the 4 1/4" square size with this sketch. You can easily use the focal point on a standard sized card. There's no rules! If you are going 4 1/4" square, could still use the regular medium sized envelope. You will have a little extra room, but wont have to pay the additional postage that's required for mailing a square card (sneaky sneaky selene'e). Here's one set of potential measurements. To find out what the operators did specifically on their creations, just link on over to them.
Base Layer: 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2 and 3: 2 3/4" squares. (the first one gets applied on the diamond, and the second is a square)
Layer 4: 2 1/2" square (attached on the diamond)
This is a super fun and whimsical layout! I can't wait to see what you come up with when using it as a jumping off point!
Although we are "technically" on vacation, we still do hold true to our rules for play. check them out at the bottom before you play along (please).
Let's see what the AMAZING design team has for you tonight!
Are you ready to play along? We hope that you are! Here are our rules for play.
- Make a card using your Stampin' Up Supplies!
- Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
- Post a link to the free linky tool below (please point the link to your post and NOT just your blog).
- Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
- Please note, we reserve the right to remove links with non-Stampin' Up! product, "sales pitches", links to online stores, or requests to join your team. We're here to have fun, learn from one another and share.
You girls just out do yourselves each week! Beautiful work and thanks for all these wonderful sketches.ReplyDelete