Thursday, April 12, 2012

How To ~ Use Up Scraps!

Scraps, Scraps, everywhere!
In boxes, drawers,even my hair!
Sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse
I even found some in my purse!


LOL! I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds myself overcome with scraps, scraps and more scraps! Well, I can't promise to take care of all your scrap problems, but I do have three simple solutions for you today ... three easy cards which will help you to use up some of those bits and pieces that collect so quickly!

When trying to use up scraps, think DSP! No, not Designer Series Paper but ... Dies, Punches and Strips! These little tools will help you think more creatively about using your scraps! And by the way, each of the cards in this post were created, start to finish, in less than 10 minutes!

DIES! Look at this adorable and quick card that I made using some cardstock scraps and the Tasteful Trim Die, along with the Big Shot! Just select three or four colors (can also be done with Designer Series Paper), run through the Big Shot, layer on your Card Base, add some ribbon and other embellishments and voila! Instant card, created using ... scraps! Sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned Stamp Set.







STRIPS! I created this quick and easy card using 1" strips of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper (all scraps, of course)! You also need to punch coordinating 1" circles to finish off the bottom of the strip. I added a 1" strip of Cardstock, applied horizontally, along with some ribbon and a flower embellishment (cut with the Big Shot) -- all from SCRAPS!















And finally, PUNCHES! Punches are a fabulous way to use up the tiniest scraps. This Pinwheel card look complicated but it's really very quick and easy. The DSP and cardstock squares were created with the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Square Punches. Add a brad or button and a bow and ... there you go, another quick and easy card and fewer scraps collecting in bins, boxes and drawers! See the TUTORIAL on how to create this card!






Well, there you go! I may not have solved all your scrap woes, but hopefully I gave you some new and fresh ideas about how you can use up your scraps!

Happy stamping, and happy scrapping! Blessings, Gretchen

2 comments: