Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clean and Simple Stamping - The Warmth of Crumb Cake

Hello Stampers!
Thanks for being patient with us here at the 411 today - it's the day for our once monthly post on Clean and Simple stamping and we (ok, me) had a few technical glitches. Mainly that I had a card all ready to share, but with no operating camera in the house that presented a bit of a challenge for me! So, Selene to the rescue with a super sweet card to share!
That's one of the benefits of working as a team here - we step in and help each other out! Love these girls!
So, how about we get to the card - shall we?

Now I don't know about you, but I just LOVE Crumb Cake cardstock! It's so warm and inviting. When I use it I just feel like I could curl up in a soft blanket and read a book by the fire. Yeah, I know, then I wouldn't be stamping, but that's the feeling I get! Just go with it, ok? :)

I absolutely adore this card that Selene made - first of all, it is both Clean AND Simple, but with the use of the Pretty in Pink Designer Paper and the softness of the Taffeta Ribbon, it appears to be much more rich and just draws you in.
So let's break this one down for you - the card base is Crumb Cake cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and folded to make a standard A2 card. (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Selene added a piece of Whisper White which has both top and bottom punched so delicately with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. She then added a piece of Pretty in Pink Patterns Designer Paper and wrapped it with the Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. Love her sweet little taffeta bow!

The stamping is so lovely and simple. She used the greeting from the Because I Care stamp set and then stamped the birdcage image from Nature Walk out of the Occasions Mini. After she colored it in a bit with a Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker, she added just a tiny bit of bling with the self-adhesive Pearl.

Like I said, soft, lovely and simple! Thanks so much Selene!

Stampers, we at Stamping 411 hope you enjoy all types of stamping, but for the times when you need something lovely and fast, try out a Clean and Simple design. You will soon discover why the "less is more" theory is fabulous!

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I too love the Crumb Cake. When Kraft was (supposedly) retiring I bought ten reams of it! And ten packages of the Soft Subtles variety packs. And, no, I won't share! LOL Well, maybe .... I'll play nice. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CAS card. I struggle with making my cards CAS and am always looking for great inspiration like this!

    ReplyDelete