When Patti Chesky wrote about her fabulous color challenge card, and the fact that we couldn't see it until tonight's post..... I was a little bummed out.. It just occurred to me that I had the card if I wanted to peek a few days early and I didn't even realize it... how silly is that!?! Gorgeous color combination Patti!
I just love it when the girls do the measurements. So ~ thanks to Gretchen Barron, we love you! I'll be stealing the measurements for her gorgeous creation below (with the ice cream).
- Layer one -- Pumpkin Pie cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded at 4.25" to form the card base.
- Layer Two -- So Saffron cut at 4 x 5.25". Stamp the sentiment on the bottom of the card using Black Stazon Ink.
- Layer Three -- Island Oasis DSP cut at 4 x 2". Apply the different colored ribbons, spaced evenly from top to bottom.
- Layer Four -- Rose Red cut at 2.5 x 3.25"
- Layer Five -- Whisper White cut at 2.25 x 3". Clip the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch. Stamp the Ice Cream with Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red inks. Add the sprinkles with Chocolate chip Ink. Mount to the Rose Red layer and add Pumpkin Pie Brads. If the ends of the Brad prongs extend beyond the edge of your card, snip them off with your Craft & Rubber Scissors. Attach both layers to your card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Tie bows with coordinating ribbon colors.
- Layer Six -- Punch out Old Olive Cardstock with the Ornament Punch. Trim the top to make a flat bowl. Using a sponge, apply Old Olive Ink to the edges of the bowl. Attach to card with SNAIL adhesive.
- Layer Seven -- Inside of Card -- Whisper White cut at 4 x 5.25". I stamped with more Ice Cream Cone images using Creamy Caramel for the cones and adding a cherry with Real Red Ink.
AND... speaking of TALENT if you're a scrapbooker.. well.. this is National scrapbooking month.. (okay, it starts tomorrow), so you should check out Tiffany's cool page below using this sketch!
Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy! Sky's the limit! Use this sketch to inspire you and let your imagination go wild! (well ~ keep it clean, this is a family show after all).
- Make a card
- Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
- Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
- Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
That's about all of it! Please have fun with this week's sketch. I'll be looking forward to seeing your awesome creations!